Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Mazda B2200 Automatic Transmission Fluid Change

Started working on replacing the transmission fluid around 10 am, by the time I was done it was almost 1 pm.  I had to stop by the part store to pick up a scraper to remove the old gasket stuck on the pan. The fluid was still in good condition, I did see very small amount of white cloudy fluid on the bottom of the transmission pan(not sure what cause it?), however there wasn't much of anything (metal shaving) else there.  

The transmission filter seem to be in good shape, but I replaced it anyway since I have the part.  In the service manual it didn't mention about replacing the filter.

I was careful when removing the screws holding the transmission filter, but very strangely, (the screw circled) after removed, I can't put the screw back on, it seemed the thread inside had mysteriously disappeared.  After tighten all the other screws, i manage to get the screw to catch something inside (very loosely).

View after removing the fluid pan
I filled with 3.75 qt of Valvoline MaxLife Dexron III and it was already at full.  I got the turck at 243K, now it is at 291K, the fluid change was long overdue.  Next week I will tackle the differential fluid, should be a much easier task.






B2200 transmission oil pan


Pan gasket and transmission filter


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to be visiting your weblog once far more, it continues to be months for me. Nicely this post that i've been waited for so lengthy. I want this article to total my assignment in the university, and it has very same topic together along with your post. Thanks, terrific share.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my cousin were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a book from our local library but I think I learned better from this post. I’m very glad to see such great info being shared freely out there…

Anonymous said...

Highly descriptive article, I loved that bit. Will there
be a part 2?

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about
this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but
other than that, this is excellent blog. A fantastic read.
I will definitely be back.

Anonymous said...

I really like it whenever people come together and share views.
Great blog, stick with it!

Anonymous said...

I relish, result in I found exactly what I was taking a look for.
You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a
great day. Bye

Anonymous said...

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.

I've learn this post and if I may just I wish to counsel you few interesting things or
advice. Maybe you can write subsequent articles regarding this article.

I wish to learn more issues about it!