Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Actiontec DSL modem GT701D


I was upgrading my internet service (Frontier Communication) from a crawling speed of 256kbps to 3Mbps recently, the ISP had a promotion going on for $29.99/mo the same price as before (how can I resist?).

So I went ahead and did the upgrade. Meanwhile they sent me a Siemens SE567 wireless DSL modem with the speed upgrade along came the $4.50 monthly rental fee.

As a savvy consumer (like to think I am one) I went shopping online for a replacement. I looked at amazon.com, dslreports.com for advise and finally settle on two brands D-link and Actiontec.

After further reading of the reviews, decided on the Actiontec for its price and size. Amazon.com was asking for $50 with free shipping, I found a better deal from bhphotovideo.com for $41 with free 3 day shipping.

I finally received it today. After a quick reading of the manual, it was up and running in less than 10 minutes. I was expecting having to do some manual configuration, but I didn't have to, the automatic configuration option took care of it all. All I had to supply was the user id and password.


The process was a lot easier then I have expected. I would definitely recommend this product to others.

7/23/2012

This week I m getting internet service from Comcast, so long Frontier !

As of today I am selling this DSL modem in perfect working condition, comes with power cord and quick starting guide.  $25

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you typed made a ton of sense. But, what about this? what if you composed a catchier post title?
I ain't saying your information isn't solid, but suppose you added something that grabbed
folk's attention? I mean "Actiontec DSL modem GT701D" is a little boring. You should peek at Yahoo's home page
and note how they write post headlines to grab viewers interested.

You might try adding a video or a related picture or two to get people interested about everything've got to say. Just my opinion, it would bring your blog a little livelier.
Also visit my weblog ... time warner cable cincinnati

陳皇賓的網頁 said...

Points well taken, will incorporate into my future entries. Thanks !

Anonymous said...

O que se passa para todos, como é a coisa toda, acho que
cada um está ficando cada vez mais deste site , e suas opiniões são agradável projetado para novo telespectadores .

Anonymous said...

Oi lá importa afirmando qual plataforma de blog que você é trabalhando com ?
Eu sou indo para começar o meu próprio blog num futuro próximo mas estou tendo um duro tempo escolhendo entre
BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution e Drupal. A razão que eu
peço é porque seu design e estilo parece diferente,
então a maioria dos blogs e eu estou procurando algo exclusivo.
PS As desculpas de sendo off-topic, mas eu tinha que perguntar!

Anonymous said...

Obrigado para o postagem maravilhosa! Eu verdadeiramente
gostava de ler, és um grande autor. Vou Lembre-se de marcar
seu blog e definitivamente será voltar mais tarde na vida .
Quero encorajar se continuar sua grande escrevendo ,
tenha um bom fim de semana !